1. Several Trawlers- unofficial figures say 400 are reported missing along the west coast. Fishermen who left coast despite warning are being searched for by the marine police in Gujarat along Gujarat's coastal border. They are believed to have headed for Daman, hoping that they would reach before actally Phyan hits.
2. 15-20 villages have been evacuated in the areas nearby Valsad and Alibag, where the cyclone is most likely to hit after or near midnight.
3. Danger Signals 3 to 6 have been put up at several harbours across the coast. Danger level 6 has been put up at several harbours after more than 26 years.
4. Cyclone Phyan has already started impacting the coast of North Maharashtra. Mumbai received a total rainfall of 39 mm till 5.30 am on Wednesday. It is likely to cross Dhanu and Mahva in Gujarat around midnight. Strong winds may commence anytime soon along the coast of north Maharashtra.
5. Disrupting the life of Mumbaikars and Gujaratis, the cyclone is also likely to affect the seventh and the final ODI between hosts India and the visiting Aussies to be held in Mumbai on Wednesday
6. Widespread rainfall across Goa, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh is also expected. According to the Mumbai Met department, the cyclone is likely to intensify further and move northeastwards, crossing south Gujarat and north Maharashtra coast between Mahuva and Dahanu by midnight today.
Storm surge of 1 to 2 metres above astronomical tide is likely in Valsad district at the time of landfall, according to Met office.
The Chief Minister Mr. Marendra Modi directed collectors and disaster management units of Bhavnagar, Anand, Vadodara, Ahmedabad and all south Gujarat districts to stay on high-alert. He directed the Police Chief to put State Reserve Police Force on alert.
Friends, take due precautions, stay in touch with your family, and don't forget to charge your mobiles and stock necessary stuff.
Download Hindi Movie Songs : 3 Idiots