Friday, January 30, 2009

[FAO] * Yuki Bhambhri wins Australian Open boys' title*


 
                                                                                                                                                   










Join Me: Enter Id and Press Enter

*Confirm by clicking the mail you receive 

Join me @ forangelsonly


join me @ forangelsonly

NEW DELHI: Top seed Yuki Bhambhri won his first junior Grand Slam title when he beat unseeded German Alexandros-Ferdinandos Georgoudas 6-3, 6-1 in the final of the Australian Open on Saturday.

Yuki who has never played his German opponent before, show no mercy to wrap-up the contest in the straight sets.

With this victory Yuki become the third Indian junior to win a junior Grand Slam after Ramesh Krishnan (French and Wimbledon junior champ in 1979) and Leander Paes (Wimbledon junior crown in 1990 and the US Open title in 1991).

Last year's semi-finalist, Yuki arrived this year stronger and taller with a slightly reworked game for the championship.

"I've been playing well and I definitely thought I could win here but now that I'm actually playing the final... it's like a dream come true. Today's match was tough. It wasn't easy and the heat and humidity didn't make things easier but I'm quite happy with the way I've been playing," an excited Yuki had said after his semi-final match from Melbourne.

One of the high points of the just-begun 2009 for Yuki is being top-seeded here and apart from the initial nervousness, Yuki is enjoying playing with that tag. "It probably gives me extra motivation to do well in the tournament because I know I'm the favourite and probably one of the best right now in the world, so I'm actually enjoying it," said Yuki.

Except the first match which saw Yuki fumble a bit, the 16-year-old has been on song, closing out matches quickly.

"I think those were just initial nerves. The first match is always the most crucial. As the match progresses I feel more and more comfortable and it's been the case here as well," said the 16-year-old Delhi lad.



Join me @ forangelsonly


Congratulations Yuki Bhambri

Visit Us @ www.MumbaiHangOut.Org


Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.
LIFE IS NO WHERE - can be read as - LIFE IS NOW HERE




Join me @ forangelsonly


Join Me: Enter Id and Press Enter

*Confirm by clicking the mail you receive


JOIN ME @ FAO Web Subscribe Mail Subscribe


__._,_.___
website: www.forangelsonly.org
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Owners Group

Join a community

for cat lovers

All-Bran

Day 10 Club

on Yahoo! Groups

Feel better with fiber.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment