Wednesday, February 18, 2009

[FAO] Dad at 13 ??? Isn't it Horrible???



13-year-old father vows to become good parent


Join me @ forangelsonly

 

Alfie, who was 12 when he got Chantelle Steadman - who was then 14 - pregnant, said: "I know I'm young but I plan to be a good dad."

In an interview with The Sun, the schoolboy from Eastbourne, East Sussex, he said his first night of parenthood was "easier than I thought", adding: "I think we'll be good parents. I'll have to work extra hard at school."

Both Alfie and Chantelle change their daughter's nappy and she sleeps in her mother's bedroom.

Chantelle, now 15, admitted she had been left "in a daze" since giving birth Maisie, 7lb 13oz, four days ago.

She said: "Alfie has been really good with her. He made the first bottle and then we took it in turns feeding her. He did the first bit with me. We didn't need any help from Mum.

"I didn't really get back to sleep. I just lay there in a daze."

She added: "When I was pregnant the police and social workers came to interview us and they decided that we would make good parents to Maisie.

"Now we will prove to everyone that we can be, and give her a great future. When Alfie is 16 he can come and live here with me and my family.

"We don't want to get a flat because we wouldn't have enough money and I want us both to stay in school to make the best future for Maisie."


Join me @ forangelsonly


Alfie Patten
 with Maisie

 

 

The story has raised disturbing questions about society, according to leading politicians.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said: "I think all of us would want to avoid teenage pregnancies.

Children's Secretary Ed Balls said; "You look at that young lad being a dad when he is so young - and also the teenage girl - and you think it's not right, this looks so terrible.

 

Join me @ forangelsonly


Similar Baby - Alfie at four months old and little Maisie Roxanne


 

"Our first reaction has got to be to make sure that the young lad, the teenage mum and the baby get all the support they need.

"And it's also vital that we do everything we can to make sure that these kind of teenage pregnancies don't happen in the future."

Social Services in the pair's home town of Eastbourne admitted to "concerns" over the case but said they would give "all their support".

Police said they investigated but decided to take no further action as it was "not in anyone's interests" to prosecute.

 

Join me @ forangelsonly


Join me @ forangelsonly

 

 

Join me @ forangelsonly


Join me @ forangelsonly

Boy dad Alfie Patten yesterday admitted he does not know how much nappies cost — but said: I think it's a lot.?


 

Join me @ forangelsonly

 

Penny Stedman - Mother of 15-year-old Chantelle, at her home in Eastbourne, East Sussex

 

 

Join me @ forangelsonly


Unmasked - Alfie with father Dennis

__._,_.___
website: www.forangelsonly.org
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Group Charity

Citizen Schools

Best after school

program in the US

Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Support Group

Lose lbs together

Share your weight-

loss successes.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment