Saturday, December 6, 2008

[FAO] An extraordinary tribute to National hero, Sandeep Unnikrishnan


 
                                                                                                                                                   








You do not know me but I owe you a great debt. It sits on my shoulder like the body of a much loved brother, it shrouds my heart and casts a pall on all that I do….I know not how to repay you and that is my biggest agony. I see you as you speak to the media without a quaver in your voice, I see your wife with a broken heart and I am lashed with a pain that has no voice. Your son died saving my son and it weighs me down…speak to me and ask for something in return…I will give you my blood and the very marrow from my bone! Forgive me as I am the cause of your brilliant son fading…I did not see the enemy neither did I recognize it and when it attacked me with the ferocity of a thousand lions, I could only run and try to hide. I left the battle to your son and he has gone to the soldier's paradise. He has done his duty and asked for nothing and I am cursed.
If it gives you any small iota of relief, let me tell you that it is the sacrifice of soldiers like your son which make me hold up my head high. It ignites a feeling of great self esteem and it is what makes me hopeful. If we have men like your son still left in India , then we will come into our own. These men show me a bright, shining vision of the future and make me a believer.Our fat, ugly, disillusioned sorry caricatures who are our politicians who suck out hope and glory and tarnish all that is good in our world fail in their task of destroying our faith.Men like Major Sandeep who live by their ideals unflinchingly are our saviours. We see them and recognize in them a pure spirit burning bright. They are our beacons…they shine forth like our star of hope and we can weather all storms.





Join me @ forangelsonlyJoin me @ forangelsonly



__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Only on Yahoo!

World of Star Wars

Meet fans, watch

videos & more.

Y! Messenger

PC-to-PC calls

Call your friends

worldwide - free!

Weight Loss Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Get support and

make friends online.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment