Following are the advantages of e-booking.
1. It saves time of going to the Booking office.
2. It also saves money which you have to pay to the agent.
3. You can book and cancel the ticket from 5 A.m to 11.00 PM.
4. You can avail of different route options for going to any particular destination. You can see which trains are going to that particular destination and the avaibility in any class.
5. You can form passengers list/list of your family members and insert all members with age M/F and senior citizen, berth choice,name at one go.
6. You can claim refund from railways on line by filing TDR.
1. Credit card charges of 1.8% is levied per transaction.
2. You have to carry identification document.
3. You cannot cancel the ticket once the chart is prepared.
4. you are ticketless if your wait listed ticket is not confirmed.
5. You need to have a PC,Printer and internet connection, which all cannot afford.
----- Original Message -----From: Vitul JainSent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 1:48 AMSubject: [FAO] Help need on a Project
i need ur help. i have to complete a project on "WHY E-BOOKING IS MORE PREFERRED OVER MANUAL BOOKING, WHILE BOOKING A RAILWAY TICKET" for completing this project i want to know the following things :
please tell these things or just give me the links where i can get all these things.
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of e-booking in comparison with manual booking.
- Process of e-booking and manual booking (comparative)
- Cost benefit Analysis.